Sunday, June 10, 2012

Festa Junina whoo hoo


It's Festa Junina season.  That is to say it is country food and tradition party time.

From my point of view it is a corn thing.Sweet corn pudding - canjica - oooh so good. Then boiled whole corn served in the husk with butter and salt. Or, creamy corn polenta-like "pudding" combined with savory special ingredients - just like your grandmother used to make.

Everything designed to keep you warm on a cold winter's day.

Goddess bless corn.

Love me some Festa Junina.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

We go festa junina crazy here in Minas! While I really dont like corn very much I love canjica (go figure) and canjicao! I just wish it was a little cooler here to enjoy all the winter food!

Danielle said...

Can't forget the vinho quente!

Festa Junina is soooo great

Born Again Brazilian (not religion, just Brazilian) said...

Yum! We are going to miss most of it this year... :(

Jim said...

Feelin' the love!

MariaLuvsNOLA said...

Mmmmmm.... sounds delis!!

A Gay Mormon Boy said...

Gee, this post made my mouth water with a rush of memories from life in Minas Gerais a few years ago. I'm making canjicao for my partner for Christmas and hope it turns out well.