Saturday, August 21, 2010

"Dilma Boy" video goes viral

Remember the “Obama Girl” YouTube video that went viral during the last US presidential campaign? Not to be outdone by its northern neighbor there is now a “Dilma Boy” video making the rounds.

Since satire and jokes about presidential candidates is forbidden by law (on television and radio) in Brazil during the final weeks running up to the October 3rd election, you might find a little silly relief watching this true devotee crooning about his passion for Dilma Rousseff (the front runner from the Workers’ Party) and his confidence in her victory.

This video does little to advance a political argument, and I think comparing Dilma Rousseff to Evita Peron is a bit over the top, but it does remind us that Brazil, with its 72 million+ internet users, is going digital in this election.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jim, I hope it's your name, thanks for shared with us this portrait of my "country" with good people suffering because of a bad government for many decades, I had the opportunity to live for 12 yrs. in Massachusetts, I just returned to Brazil last year but I just miss the hell of it your beautiful USA, what a country you have it! I do live in the downtown of the city called of Belo Horizonte, where I did born, if someday you want to get in touch with me it will be nice... my cell phone is : 31-96651679. Well, I have so many thngs to say yet... my email is: vcarvalho22@yahoo.com, my skype: vanessinhasanches38

Bye,bye.

Vanessa