Wednesday, December 1, 2010

From Fernando de Noronha to Niterói


Luiz and I just enjoyed four days hosting an old friend and her new fiancé, both visiting from the US. Cristina and Bill were here for Cris’s parents’ 65th wedding anniversary.


After the first party, Bill got on his knee and proposed to Cristina and – bam – party number two. Then the two of them flew to Fernando de Noronha for a few days of newly-engaged pre-marital bliss among the dolphins, sting rays, and sea turtles in crystal clear water.


On their return to Rio prior to going back to California they changed plans. Given the unrest in the City they decided to stay with us instead of at a hotel in Rio. They were real troopers sleeping on cushionettes on the floor of our office/den.


It was a fun few days showing them the sights here in Niterói. I love me some days on the beach working our way through a bottle of sunscreen and multiple bottles of beer. And as it turns out I could have done well to have used even more sunscreen.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, we celebrated Cristina's 50th birthday on Tuesday.  Lookin' good grrl!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel you Jim!!! Bring on the sunscreen!

Anita said...

MAC and Boa Viagem. And then Fernando de Noronha. I am sure they didn't miss a thing from Rio.

Jim said...

Linds - I am still paying the price. But I see it as my ramp up into the summer. Oh - Gringo skin...

Danielle - I'm telling ya' she looks great! She was trying on different bikinis on Itaipú beach with the gusto of a teenager. Goddess bless her...

Anita - did you notice we now have a railing installed along the Icaraí promanade? First people were opposed, but now they like leaning against it at any point along the way. Very nice compromise.

Fiona said...

sounds great! qualidade de vida!

Anita said...

Ahn ? A railing ? It makes sense ! There is an edge from some parts of the boulevard and the beach.