Saturday, March 26, 2011

Artistic diversion

J

ust when you think you’ve seen it all over here at Qualidade de Vida – the plain, the simple, the relaxed, the all wound up, the vacationing, the hard(ly) working – here’s an off-topic bit.
I spend a lot of time in front of my computer.  I download and watch television series, movies and documentaries. I never miss a Rachel Maddow broadcast. I listen to Dan Savage give piercing sex column advice via iTunes. I go TasteSpotting for new and inspiring recipes. And occasionally I stumble on a site that opens up a whole new area of interest I never knew I had.
This site: Daily Drop Cap is a really cool place to find artistic typefaces by loads of artists.  While the site is a project of designer Jessica Hische, she hosts guest artists as well.  Who knew typefaces could be so fun?!  And she encourages you to use her work on your blog.
Explore her Daily Drop Cap site as well as her personal site (with blog).
Nice.

1 comment:

casa said...

Thank you for introducing me to Dan Savage. I´m planning now to buy his books. Obrigado!